- Buy cheaper base cabinets from Ikea and add fancier doors from Semihandmade
- Buy countertops direct from local marble & tile places
- Skip the architect for simpler projects. We like the Ikea Planning Tool because they’ll even send someone to your house to measure out your cabinets.
- Instead of a tiled backsplash use a peel & stick wallpaper
- Update your cabinet knobs with hardware from CB2 or Anthropologie (or DIY your own knobs)
- Do some of the labor yourself or find a friend to help you
- Source your own lighting from Target, Wayfair, or Overstock and DIY install
Get started by visiting your Realm dashboard to look up how much renovating your kitchen will improve home value and what your project is estimated to cost.